Economy Travel Re-Imagined by Virgin Atlantic
We agree with Virgin Atlantic…Be Choosy.
Recognising that one size doesn’t fit all Virgin Atlantic has introduced ‘Economy Delight’, ‘Economy Classic’ and ‘Economy Light’ tickets. The three new ways to fly allows customers to choose the product that suits their budget and travel style – but never compromise on food and drink, unrivalled service and inflight entertainment.
- Economy Delight is the best economy product of any UK airline – customers enjoy a seat with 34 inch legroom, priority check in and boarding as well as advanced seat assignment.
- Economy Classic offers free seat assignment – providing extra reassurance for families and groups that they can sit together.
- The new Economy Light ticket always offers our lowest fare – making long haul travel affordable and accessible for everyone and is great for customers jetting off on short city breaks.
“We always want flying with Virgin Atlantic to be more special than other airlines, and we’ll never compromise on excellent service, industry-leading food and drink and cutting-edge inflight entertainment – regardless of which economy ticket our customers are travelling on, they’ll be able to enjoy all this onboard.” – CEO Craig Kreeger
The three new ways to travel are part of a wider investment in their economy cabin – delivering innovations on the ground, and in the air:
- Investing in additional economy delight seats: At a time when most airlines are packing seats onto planes, Virgin is investing in extra leg room, retrofitting their fleet to provide up to 36 economy delight seats on every flight – offering customers an even comfier journey with spacious 34 inch legroom.
- Serving up the best economy meals in the sky: All customers travelling in economy will continue to enjoy a three course meal plus complimentary drinks and snacks –with a focus on supporting independent suppliers such as UK based Fairfield Farm Crisps, and the Grown Up Chocolate Company.
- More personalised service at the airport: For the first time they’re introducing automated bag drop at London airports, freeing up employees to provide a more personalised service where customers need it most. Four kiosks will open at London Gatwick this summer, followed by a further 18 kiosks at London Heathrow from winter 2018.
- Keeping our customers connected: Every single seat in economy now offers a personal USB charging point, and every route offers access to high speed Wi-Fi to help customers work and play on the go.
- New aircraft: 12 new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft will join the fleet from spring 2019 – offering unrivalled levels of comfort and reliability for customers, and a brand new economy cabin designed with our customers in mind.
- Virgin scent: They’ve partnered with leading British candle maker Rachel Vosper to create a new scent called “Air”. Designed to evoke wellbeing and inspire future travel it will be available across check in, the gate and upon boarding the aircraft.
Virgin Atlantic and Delta offer the leading transatlantic partnership, and the new economy products will offer a seamless experience for customers travelling with the airlines. economy delight, economy classic and economy light will complement Delta’s Comfort +, Main Cabin and Basic Economy products – always offering a three course meal, Wi-Fi, hundreds of hours of inflight entertainment and excellent service regardless of the ticket type.
“When I started Virgin Atlantic I wanted to challenge the status quo and make flying amazing – regardless of which cabin you’re in – and that’s still true today. We’re unveiling a multi-million pound investment to make Virgin Atlantic’s economy cabin the best of any UK airline and setting the bar for others to follow.” – Founder Richard Branson
*This post originally appeared as a press release from Virgin Atlantic.